It's a New Normal
What to Do Before You Arrive
- Brush and floss your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to eliminate the transfer of bacteria or viruses. Remember to focus on those gums!
- Wear a mask, bandana or scarf to your appointment.
- Do not drink anything cold or hot 30 minutes before you arrive. We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Fill out the Supplemental Health Questionnaire (before every appointment) and Covid Consent (1-time signature). This is on our website but will also be sent to you in your appointment reminders.
- While we normally pride ourselves on seating you right away if you arrive early to your appointment, due to limitations of social distancing, we will likely be unable to see you ahead of your scheduled time. Please arrive on time, but not significantly early as we don’t want you to wait. We will likely also have to reschedule late arrivals at this time.
- We will have 5 marked parking spaces by the office entrance. If you have a younger child, please try to use these spaces if available or park as close as possible. Text our office at 724-716-1082 and let us know that you have arrived and what parking space you are in or the color and make of your car if you are not in a marked space. Stay in your car. Please call 724-742-2300 if we do not respond within 10 minutes.
- One of our team members will come to the car and complete a health screening on your child. Adult patients will be texted when to enter. The patient must wear a mask /bandana into the office.
- We will escort you or your child into the office, provide hand sanitizer upon entry, and walk you to your treatment chair. We ask that the patient proceeds to the clinic unaccompanied by a family member except under special circumstances. One parent will be asked to accompany patients for New Patient Exams, some Observation appointments when treatment may be discussed and will be invited in after braces are placed to review instructions.
** Note: We ask that parents remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. Should a parent accompany a child into the office, temperature and health questions will be asked as with the patient. We’ve always loved inviting parents into the clinic, however, parents cannot enter the clinic until further restrictions are lifted. The parent would be directed into one of our few chairs in the reception room.
Dismissal From Appointment
- The scheduled procedure will be performed
- Our team will set up the next appointment for the patient and email the confirmation (unless a printed copy is requested). Please share your appointment time preferences with your child ahead of time so we can best serve you with the correct appointment. We will ask the parent to call the office if the time chosen is not convenient.
- Our team member will escort the patient back to the car and update the parent or adult driver about the appointment. If a call from Dr. Rhoads is requested, she is happy to call during non-patient times.
Other Changes Made to Protect You
- While the first thing we will want to do is give all of our adorable patients big hugs, we will be refraining from hugs, handshakes, and fist bumps for now. Choreographed Dabs and other signs of affection from 6 feet away will be welcomed with enthusiasm!
- Common areas are being disinfected very frequently
- Team members are screened and temperatures recorded upon entry to the office each day
- For now, the iPads and coffee station have been removed. We cannot wait to reopen our fun and welcoming waiting room when it is safe to do so!
- Increased separation between patients in the clinic
- Extraoral suction units will soon be arriving to further reduce aerosols during brace removal
- Temporary Sneeze Guards at some desks
- Increased PPE worn by the staff. While we like to have a very casual attire, please be advised that our orthodontic technicians will have a few extra layers on these days, including googles, often face shields and sometimes disposable gowns.
- HVAC modifications are being made to further improve the sanitation of the air in our office