Stephanie Rhoads, DMD, MBE, MS
I’m passionate about helping you develop a strong sense of self-esteem through an illuminating smile. I love building a long-standing relationship with my patients and being invested in their lives and happiness.
After I experienced the huge impact a beautiful smile had on my life, happiness, and success, I knew I wanted to help others have the same experience.
Even when I was young, I admired the compassion my orthodontist showed as he worked with me to create the smile I had always dreamed of that fit my busy life.
I knew I wanted to follow in his footsteps, and my enthusiasm for orthodontics has continued to grow.
I enjoy the challenge of mixing science and art to give you the beautiful smile you want.
Every patient is unique, and I love the opportunity I have to work with patients of all ages and so many different personalities. It’s what makes being an orthodontist so fun!
I have a lifelong commitment to education, including these accomplishments:
- Boardman High School, Valedictorian
- University of Pittsburgh, Molecular Biology
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Master of Bioethics
- University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Orthodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry
- Board Certification, Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
I’m well-versed in the most cutting-edge orthodontic techniques to make sure that you get the best results in the least amount of time.
I base my decisions on peer-reviewed research and the most current information, so I subscribe to and publish in our main orthodontic journal, the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
In 2014, I passed my board certification exam, making me one of the few board-certified orthodontists in this area who’s taken this extra step to prove my excellence in clinical orthodontics.
I renewed my board certification with the American Board of Orthodontics in April 2023 to continue my commitment to the highest standards of clinical excellence.
Technology is constantly advancing, and our practice continues to evolve in order to offer you the most recent technological advances.
I participate in both local and UNC alumni study group on a regular basis, attend frequent continuing education courses, and speak at meetings and with colleagues to offer insight into my research and experiences.
Because I have a background in bioethics, I have an additional responsibility and privilege as an advocate for dentistry and healthcare on ethics board, quality assurance boards, and policy committees.
I’m committed to supporting dental organization and helping assure quality care, patient advocacy, and the focus on ethics in everyday practice.
My professional affiliations include:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Women Dentists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Dental Honor Society
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Western Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
As many busy parents can relate, I spend most of my time outside of the office cheering loudly on the sidelines of sports fields or auditorium audiences. I am a proud Soccer Mom, Dance Mom, Baseball Mom, Classroom Volunteer and all around chauffeur to my busy kids. I am passionate about my family and providing them with the same support and encouragement that they have always offered me.
As a family, we spend free time hiking and riding bikes, cheering on Pittsburgh sports teams, and supporting our friends and community members at shows, games, events, fundraisers and festivals.