Meet Dr. Stephanie Rhoads, your Cranberry Township Orthodontist
Dr. Stephanie Rhoads graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in Molecular Biology. She received her Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and her Master of Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She also earned her Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Orthodontics and Master of Science in Dentistry from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry.
She is board-certified, a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and remains active with several professional affiliations, including:
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Western Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Dental Honor Society
- Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
Why an Orthodontist in Cranberry Township? Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. Dr. Stephanie Rhoads has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth, as have all orthodontists. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the necessary treatment plan for you. Not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist, even though every orthodontist starts as a dentist. Dr. Rhoads, like all orthodontists, continued their education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification.
Why does it matter if you see your Cranberry Township Orthodontist?
Dentists receive basic orthodontic training so they can perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who don’t need to see an orthodontist yet. Specialists, on the other hand, receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic issues.
Seeing a specialist like your Cranberry Township orthodontist may change your braces experience by:
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from
- Having personal experience treating multiple cases that are similar to your unique concerns and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it’s the office’s main focus.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have worse than usual bite discrepancies that need to be dealt with
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
While you may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work done by your dentist, convenience shouldn’t be a barrier to seeing a specialist. You will only be stopping by your Cranberry Township orthodontic offices every six to eight weeks.
And don’t let price be a problem either! Rhoads Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Cranberry Township area.
Testimonials from Cranberry Township orthodontist patients
We love Dr. Rhoads and her staff! Very nice, friendly, knowledgeable people who also go out of their way to accommodate your schedule/needs. I love that they include my kids when discussing care. They talk with them, not just to me about it. The facility is nice too. The lobby isn't a place you'll spend bored for an eternity waiting to be seen. It's the opposite! We’ve been patients for nearly two years now, and I've never waited long. My kids play games on the half dozen Tablets she has available while I enjoy a free cup of coffee. Our first visit was memorable as I had no idea what to expect. Frankly, I was surprised to learn kids need to see an Orthodontist so young, but it's been a great experience. They explained what needed to be done, explored treatment options, and how to pay for it all. All around great customer service!
We have had such a positive experience with Dr. Rhoads. Not only has she been wonderful professionally, she is also energetic and kind, and her staff share these same attributes. Every time we visit, they ask us how we are doing, remember our names, and have done a wonderful job on our son's orthodontic treatment. She is very thoughtful in her professional orthodontic approach to treatment options and I feel confident in her and her team's ability to care for our son. We drive approximately 1.5 hours every time to see her, and she is worth it. She has made us life-customers of her practice.