Meet Your Zelienople Orthodontist
Dr. Stephanie Rhoads, your Zelienople orthodontist, attended the University of Pittsburgh where she studied Molecular Biology. She then earned her Doctorate of Dental Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine before going on to earn a Master of Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She then received her certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Orthodontics and her Master of Science in Dentistry at the University of North Carolina. She has achieved Board Certification, awarded by the American Board of Orthodontics.
Dr. Rhoads professional affiliations include:
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Western Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Dental Honor Society
- Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
Why an Orthodontist in Zelienople? Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Rhoads continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Rhoads has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Zelienople Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Zelienople orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office’s primary area of care.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn’t be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Zelienople orthodontic offices every six to eight weeks.
Testimonials from our patients
Dr. Rhoads and her staff are always happy to see their patients walk through the door! They treat you like a person and not just a number. Their office is great at accommodating busy schedules and our kiddos are always excited to visit the office. We are so lucky to have their amazing group so close to us!
We could not have asked for a better or more caring office for our daughter’s orthodontic care. The entire staff at Rhoads are professional and more importantly caring for each of their patients. The staff not only do amazing things in their office, but they also are heavily involved in our community and schools. We happily recommend Dr. Rhoads to anyone needing orthodontic care.
Dr. Rhoads and her entire staff are absolutely incredible! Dr. Rhoads is a perfectionist with her work and the entire staff gives genuine, loving care to all patients. She maintains a very clean and welcoming facility and appointments are always on time. I would recommend anyone needing orthodontics to stop looking and go to Dr. Stephanie Rhoads!!!